Take the first step...

Take the first step...

Friday 6 May 2011

An extra heart

I do not need a picture (although there are sure to be many to follow) of my ultra super-duper brand new baby nephew to communicate the effect he has had on my family & myself. Not yet a week old, he has brought joy in measures beyond measurement & his every movement, sigh, blink, breath is a source of perpetual wonder & amazement for us all. My sister has said that it's baffling to try to figure out where all this extra love came from & it felt to her that she had grown an extra heart somehow.
I already have a framed photo of the first time I held him in my arms on a shelf in my classroom at work. The calming influence of the love I feel for him has made me smile & feel peaceful in some rather trying moments this week.
Little man, I would do anything for you & I love you with more than what I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment